New Moon (The Twilight Saga, Book 2)
Now I find New Moon (The Twilight Saga, Book 2) You can see Now!
Customer Shopping BuZZ
Stephenie Meyer - Well Done!
Well, I tried to read this book slower, (I killed off the first one in two days). I managed to spread it out over 4 days. I had to know what was going to happen. It was very difficult to put down.
*Spoilers*
So the book starts out with Edward leaving after the birthday party incident. This was an excellent decision by the author. I would have to admit I was really upset about it at first. I had to take a peak at the end of the book to make sure the Cullens came back. Thank God they did.
I enjoyed reading about Bella's struggles and emotions after Edward left. I could really feel her pain, and I would have to say that all women have felt this before at some point in their lives, and it is horrible. Very easy to relate to those emotions.
Jacob Black.. need I say more? I love how the author developed him into one of the main characters because he is so lovable. He rescued Bella and caused her conflict at the same time.
The end of the book is very exciting and fast passed. Everything comes back full circle and the book leaves you with a cliffhanger. I can't wait to see how the Edward, Jacob, Bella relationships progress.
Only thing I am sad about is it is taking Amazon 10 Days to ship me the last two books. Hopefully this is because there are so many other orders before mine. I can't wait for the movie to come out as well. Should be interesting to see what they do with the plot lines.
My least favorite
I absolutely loved Twilight!!! New Moon was not my favorite because it was just too sad but, with that said I still couldn't put it down. I am a stay at mom of two kids and there is nothing I appreciate more than sleep. I stayed up 3 nights in row just to finish the series. I can't believe SM is not going ahead with Midnight Sun. I certainly hope she changes her mind because I am hooked.
First Was Better, but Not by Much
It's three days past finishing the first book of this saga and I'm done with number two. It still feels like a train wreck.
My suspension of disbelief is entirely strained to the point of breaking because the fantasy portion of these books barely holds water (okay, the first book was better, but the werewolf stuff in this book was frankly not that interesting at all...not for the characters, not for the reader).
While the first of this series has all the tension of forbidden love and some creepy people chasing after Bella, this second book lacks much of the substance, if you can call it that.
Again, we're trapped in Bella's head, and now she's unbelievably depressed. Oh but I believed it, because I, like many others, have been there done that in our youths. With that said, do I really want to go there in someone else's head for two hundred pages? I kept reading, clinging to hope there was a story.
The relationship with Jacob is hardly a teaser as it's clear where Bella's mind and heart lie, she tells us ever moment. I mean heck, she's threatening her own life just to induce auditory hallucinations of her true love....yeah, she's desperate--for most of the book.
(Slight spoiler) What made me reel in disgust toward the end was a little speech by Edward chastising Bella for so easily believing him when he said he didn't love her anymore.
Great, so this was really all Bella's fault for not fighting?
Okay, I, and many ladies I know, have heard such lines in our lives from men and it makes us crazy angry to have the table flipped over without due cause. But Bella, is like "Oh, I was a fool wasn't I?"
Seriously, whatever charm the characters possessed for me in the first book was obliterated.
However, I did like Alice even more as well as Jacob. His is the new turmoil to watch.
As I said in my review of Book 1, I'm going to read these all. I'm just too curious though I'm quickly hating the hours I spend on reading them.
About New Moon (The Twilight Saga, Book 2) detail
- Amazon Sales Rank: #6 in Books
- Published on: 2008-05-31
- Released on: 2008-05-31
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Binding: Paperback
- 608 pages
Product Description
Legions of readers entranced by Twilight are hungry for more and they won't be disappointed. In New Moon, Stephenie Meyer delivers another irresistible combination of romance and suspense with a supernatural twist. The"star-crossed" lovers theme continues as Bella and Edward find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy's reigning royal family of vampires, the Volturi. Passionate, riveting, and full of surprising twists and turns, this vampire love saga is well on its way to literary immortality.
Amazon
Source From bestsellingbooks2009-20
I would be grateful if you would give me the Interview
Cheers !.
No comments:
Post a Comment